Monday, December 1, 2008

Nella Vita di Eww

So as I learn the different stages and phases of my job, I've discovered that fall and winter are extremely busy and time consuming.  As such, my limited free time has not been spent blogging....clearly...

Anyway, tomorrow I am heading for Boston for a Community Land Trust Conference...the flight out of Cville will be leaving early in the morning (ie waking up around 4...shudder shudder).  So tonight I had a pleasant evening spent packing and relaxing planned.  Came home and was greeted by Molly, but not the puppy.  Some time later JC decided to grace us with his presence and I was immediately struck by the smell of burnt rubber.  After a few minutes of him in the house I couldn't take it anymore and chased him back outside.  He's been out there giving me the saddest eyes and crying to come back in, but he is too stinky.  I started trying to find out what a dog sprayed by skunk smells like and found out that pure skunk spray smells a lot like burnt rubber...yay!  

So now I'm trying to get the smell out of the house, and waiting for Shane to come home (of course this would be one of the nights he's getting home later than expected) to help me bathe him...I just hope we're able to get the smell off him and out of the house in time for me to get a decent amount of sleep and not heading to Boston smelling horrid.  

No comments: