Monday, September 28, 2009

Nella Vita di Ugly Chair/Pretty Chair

When I moved in, Shane had four old chairs that really should have been put out of their misery two decades ago. One has since been burned in our ritual furniture sacrifice due to Shane using it as a door stop...outside (can you say mold!). The other three have been hidden away in unused rooms in our house. A project I've slowly been working on in the family room is setting up my own sewing/craft station. I decided that a cute and happy sewing/craft table chair would be the perfect first step, and what better to use than le ugli chair?



I painted it blue (clearly) to match a repainted blue bookshelf of the same color I already had in there. The pattern is a bit busy, but for some reason I've been drawn to busyness in the family room, perhaps because it is such a large space. Regardless this fabric just seemed very happy but relatively neutral at the same time. This fabric will surface again in another project that I've been working on.

No comments: