Saturday, September 27, 2008

Nella Vita di Taffeta

The past couple weeks have been filled with lots of great projects, one of which is making curtains for Shane's sister Jonelle. She picked out this really pretty iridescent blue crushed taffeta that hangs amazingly. Curtains and I have a love hate relationship and these of course proved no different, but every challenge presents an opportunity to learn something new. In this case if the devil was a shape he would be a rectangle. It's like my Zoolanderish weakness but where I can turn left I can't cut a square. But in the end and I was happy with the results, and hopefully Jonelle is too.
Here you can see one of the small panels and how dramatic they will be.


Here you can see when the flash is one the iridecense of hte curtains. They have blackout backing so the light won't pass through them. At first I was hesitant about how the fabric would look as curatins, but once they were done I was tempted to keep them for myself.


No comments: